A mobile home is a complete loss following a destructive blaze that started out as a grass fire.
Chief Shawn Carey says the Aylesford and District Volunteer Fire Department was called to the scene in Victoria Harbour at 2:33 p.m. May 7.
“It started as a grass fire, which led to a bus that was used as a storage shed and then to his house, which was a complete loss,” says Carey.
The cause, deemed accidental, was human error.
“He was working in the yard and something sparked and ended up catching the grass on fire,” the chief says.
Fire departments from Kingston and Berwick assisted Aylesford with the call. Firefighters remained at the Victoria Road property until 5:14 p.m.
“It was busy,” says Carey. There was a lot to get done.”