The time has arrived for women working toward creating a thriving business community within the Annapolis Valley to be recognized.
But first, they’ve got to be nominated.
Nominations are currently open for the Women of Excellence Business Awards, an award program presented by the Annapolis Valley Chamber of Commerce to recognize businesswomen or female entrepreneurs who’ve achieved success with their own ventures or worked to bolster business in the community at large.
The five categories women can be nominated for are as follows:
- Business Woman of Excellence: any woman entrepreneur, or woman working in a tenured position known for her positivity, how she helps others at work, is a leader and champions gender diversity and equality;
- Mentor of Excellence: any woman who has inspired or enabled a co-worker and made a notable impact, with the nomination including where, when and how this happened;
- Community Leader for Betterment: any woman involved with a registered non-profit, community group or otherwise who is dedicated to social change within the Annapolis Valley and is a champion for philanthropy and volunteering, with the nomination including where, when and how this happened;
- Pioneer Award: any woman who is a trendsetting entrepreneur who’s found a new market, product, service or otherwise and is leading the way; and
- Home-Based Business Excellence: any woman who runs a business from home and displays excellence and evidence of economic impact in the Annapolis Valley.
There will be one woman selected for each category. Nominations must be submitted before March 29. The awards will be handed out June 14 at Acadia University's Fountain Commons building.
To make a nomination or for more information, visit https://www.annapolisvalleychamber.ca/women-of-excellence.