There are numerous events taking place in Annapolis County in the coming weeks. Here is a look at community happenings. Note the On-Going events at the bottom.
• Concert Fundraiser at Dawn Oman Art Gallery, Bridgetown, noon to 1 p.m., featuring musicians Janis Patterson (soprano), John Montgomerie (pipe organ and piano), Jolene Buchholz (oboe) performing both popular and classical selections. A free will offering will be taken at the door. For information call 902-665-4520.
Oct. 27 & 28
• Ghostly Gardens from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. A hauntingly good time for the whole family at the Historic Gardens… after dark! Explore the Ghostly Gardens and meet ghosts, grim reapers, witches, and other interesting creatures. Cost is $7 regular, or $5 for children 12 and under.
• Valleyview Hike - Hike Nova Scotia and the County of Annapolis present a guided hike at Valleyview Provincial Park in Hampton, Annapolis County on Oct. 28 at 1 p.m. You must pre-register at http://tiny.cc/1jr3ny. Qualify to win a trail prize. See www.hikenovascotia.ca for details.
• Annual Fundraiser Auction at Cornwallis Park Felker Hall Community Centre. Starts at 11 a.m. Viewing starts at 10 a.m. New and gently used items for auction. A free will offering. Luncheon of hot dogs, potato chips, and sweets will be served. Coffee and tea will be available throughout the auction. For information contact 902 638 3164.
• Annapolis Royal Fire Department Halloween Dance, Saturday, Oct. 28 from 9 p.m. to 2 a.m. Come dance to a new DJ, with or without your costume. $10 admission. 19 years and over.
• Tremont Cemetery Community Work Day - Leaf Raking at the Old Tremont Cemeteries 9 a.m. to noon (740 Tremont Mtn Rd). All hands welcome. Great family activity. 902-765-2642 Rain date Nov. 4.
• Supper - there will be a baked bean, scalloped potato, and ham supper at the Brickton Community Hall from 4:30 to 6 p.m. $12 adults and $5 for 12years and younger.
• Old Fashioned Hymn Sing at Victoria Vale Baptist Church, 7 p.m. Guest Choir is the Lawrencetown Baptist Church choir. Fellowship time to follow at Parker Hall. Freewill Offering.
• Old School Haunted House at Macdonald Museum Middleton 6 to 9 p.m. Activities available for smaller children. Free admission! 902-825-6116 for info.
• Fireflies Luncheon at the Middleton Fire Hall from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Hallowe'en Day. Choose from delicious chicken burgers ($10), corn chowder ($9), split pea & ham soup ($9), lemon and pumpkin pie and tea or coffee. Free delivery to individuals and businesses in the Middleton area can be arranged by calling Bonnie at 902-825-3062 by Monday, Oct. 30
• The Valley WAAG Animal Shelter will hold its 25th annual Bake Sale on Friday, Nov. 3 from 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. at the Middleton Pharmasave. A wide assortment of delicious, homemade goodies. Please help us help the cats in shelter care, while they await their forever homes. For more info, call 765-6629.
• One in Spirit, the annual Ecumenical Fall Fair will take place on Saturday. Nov. 4 at the Annapolis Royal Fire Hall from 10 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Sponsored by the Anglican, Baptist, Roman Catholic, and United churches of the Annapolis area. There will be craft tables, baked goods, door prizes, raffles, etc. Coffee, tea, and home made goodies will be served for $5. Admission free but a donation to the Food Bank would be appreciated.
• Fireflies Ticket Auction will be held at the Middleton Fire Hall on Saturday, Nov. 4 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. There will be several special raffle draws and canteen facilities will begin at 11 a.m. Draws begin at 2:05 p.m.
• Middleton Girl Guides Holiday Tea from 2 to 4 p.m. at the Emmanuel Congregational Church, 37 Gates Ave. Middleton. Tickets at the door Adult $2.50; Children $1.
• Lullaby: Inside The Halifax Explosion at 8 p.m. at Evergreen Theatre, 1941 Stronach Mountain Road, Margaretsville. $25 Tickets at www.evergreentheatre.ca or 902-825-6834 or firstname.lastname@example.org
• Paint Nite – Three Poppies at the Annapolis Royal Fire Hall Sunday, Nov. 5 from 7 to 9 p.m. This is a fundraiser for the Annapolis Royal Volunteer Fire Department. Register by Nov. 1 at email@example.com or call 902-532-7781. Facilitator: Jaime Lee Lightle, Round Hill Studio. $45, which includes all paint supplies.
• Funds for Fuel Bridge Party at Macdonald Museum in Middleton at 1 p.m. $5/person. Refreshments served. Call 902-825-6116 for info.
Nov. 24 & 25
• Christmas Craft Sale from 5 to 9 p.m. on Nov. 24 and 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Nov. 25 at Macdonald Museum in Middleton. Three floors of vendors, hourly prize draws, canteen. Admission $2 per person. Call 902-825-6116 to reserve a table.
• Port George Rec. Centre Breakfast the first Sunday of every month from 8 to 10 a.m.
• Card/Game Nights at West Paradise Community Hall at 7 p.m. every second Wednesday for the winter.
• Tremont Board Game Café from 7 to 9:30 p.m. every first and third Thursday at the Tremont Hall, 738 Tremont Mountain Road. Many of the newest and coolest games in a friendly and relaxed environment. Cost is free. 765-4326.
• Happy Kids Play Class from 10 to 10:45 a.m. at Bridgetown & Area Library. Join us at the library for 45 minutes of yoga, stories, games, crafts, and plenty of smiles! Open to preschool kids, ages 3-5, with their favourite caregiver. Pre-register as space is limited.
• Skip-Bo from 2 to 4 p.m. at the Bridgetown & Area Library. Spend your Friday afternoons in the DeVenney Room of the library and enjoy a lively game or two of Skip-Bo with other enthusiasts. Please call the library for details at 902-665-2758.