IOC expects contract for Wabush 3 to be awarded by the end of March
The Iron Ore Company of Canada (IOC) expects to announce the successful bidder on the contract for the new Wabush 3 open pit mine by the end of March.
What would $450,000 get you in other parts of the country?
The real estate listing for the historic home has gone viral, with hundreds of thousands of views from all of the world.
NEWPORT LANDING, N.S. - The historic Mounce Mansion in Newport Landing may soon have a new owner after the property listing went viral on Facebook in February.
Wanda Graves, realtor with Eastern Valley Real Estate, said they have a conditional buyer on the property, with several other ‘back-up offers’ on the mansion.
The Hants Journal went on a tour of the building with local artist Tacha Reed. Check out the story here for video and photos inside.
“There were multiple offers submitted,” Graves said.
Many details of the pending sale are confidential before it closes, including the price offer, the nature of the offer – residential or commercial – and many other factors.
“We did back-to-back viewings. I showed it the equivalent of nine hours in one day,” Graves said, adding other agents showed the home as well.
“There’s still showings going on, but they’re starting to slow down. We’re telling people to just wait,” she said. “It’s gonna go to somebody, it’s whether it’s the person in play now or the person that has written a back-up offer.”
Graves said she wouldn’t be surprised if the property sold by March 2.
“Suffice it to say, it is a good offer and we have other good offers that are backups,” she said. “There was such significant interest in this.”
The property was listed for $434,900 online.
What could $434,900 get you in other places?
For comparison’s sake, we decided to take a look at what $434,900 would get you in other parts of the province and the country.
* Halifax, N.S. – 1.5 bedroom 1 bathroom detached home, near the peninsula. Listed as being ideal for retiring and off the beaten path. (Link)
A real estate listing in Halifax, Nova Scotia, priced around $434,900.
* Cole Harbour, N.S. – 3.5 bedrooms, 4 bathrooms detached home in Portland Hills subdivision. Listed as a ‘gorgeous’ two-storey family home. Includes lots of storage and garage. (Link)
A real estate listing in Cole Harbour, Nova Scotia, priced around $434,900.
* Mississauga, ONT – 3.5 bedrooms, 2 bathroom townhome in bustling Mississauga, 45 minute drive from downtown Toronto. Recently renovated and close to schools and amenities. New, very nice drapes, according to the listing. $406/month maintenance fees. (Link)
A real estate listing in Mississauga, Ontario, priced around $434,900.
* Toronto, ONT – 1 bedroom, 1 bathroom condo in the heart of downtown Toronto. Stylish and hipster modern living with lots of natural city light and a stunning view of other skyscrapers. Central air conditioning included. (Link)
A real estate listing in Toronto, Ontario, priced around $434,900.
* Lorette, MB – 3 bedroom, 3 bathroom house in small community outside Winnipeg. Enjoy the wide-open sky in this grand home with prominent garage and walk through pantry. 65 x 235 feet fenced yard. (Link)
A real estate listing in Lorette, Manitoba, priced around $434,900.
* Calgary, AB – 2 (+2) bedrooms, 2 bathroom house in the Inglewood area of Calgary. A whopping 0.01 acre lot size included. (Link)
A real estate listing in Calgary, Alberta, priced around $434,900.
* Victoria, BC – 1 bedroom, 1 bathroom condo in Canada’s prettiest city. Built in 2014, this unit is listed as ‘sure to impress!’ It's 600 square feet. (Link)
A real estate listing in Victoria, British Columbia, priced around $434,900.