• 1/2 cup of extra virgin olive oil
• 1/2 cup fresh basil chopped
• 2 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
• 1/2lb (227 grams) diced mozzarella cheese
• 1lb (454 grams) of Fusilli
• 2 - 28oz cans of peeled plum tomatoes, drain and reserve juice
• Freshly grated parmeasan cheese
• Salt and Pepper
Combine the first three ingredients with a little reserved juice from the tomatoes. Let marinate at room temperature for 30 minutes. Chop the tomatoes.
Cook fusilli in a large pot of rapidly boiling water with salt according to package directions.
In a large bowl, toss drained pasta, tomatoes, olive oil mixture, and gradually add diced mozzarella, salt and pepper to taste and toss again. Sprinkle with freshly grated parmeasan cheese and serve.